- 450g onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 celery stalk
- handful of baby celery leaves
- 225g Nocerella olives
- 4 tbsp capers
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 6 San Marzano tomatoes
- 250ml passata
- 55 g caster sugar
- 1 lemon
- 100 ml red wine vinegar
- 1kg aubergines
- handful of flat-leaf parsley
- handful of basil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
MISE EN PLACE
- Peel and dice the onions into 1cm pieces.
- De-string and dice the celery into 1cm pieces
- Finely slice the celery leaves.
- Pit the olives by pressing down firmly with the flat of a knife, then break up into pieces.
- Rinse and drain the capers.
- Peel and finely grate the garlic.
- Wash the parsley and basil leaves and finely chop into thin ribbons.
- Zest the lemon.
- Add 1 of the grated garlic cloves to the lemon zest and parsley to make a gremolata.
- Fry the onions, celery and garlic on a low heat in 4 tablespoons of olive oil, until soft and translucent.
- Add the chopped tomatoes with their liquid and cook over a high heat, stirring, until reduced by half.
- Add the olives, grated garlic and capers to the paste, together with the sugar and vinegar and simmer gently over a low heat for 20 minutes, stirring from time to time. Transfer to a bowl.
- Dice the aubergines into 2cm pieces and fry over a medium heat in the remaining olive oil in a non-stick pan until lightly browned, season the aubergines with a little salt, add them to the sauce and leave to cool.
- Once cooled season with salt and pepper to taste, add the celery leaf, half of the gremolata and gently stir together.
- Mix the goats cheese and smoked ricotta together, loosening with a little water to make a thin cream – then flick over the dish, Jackson Pollack style.
- Garnish with the rest of the gremolata, basil ribbons and pine nuts.
- Finish with milled black pepper and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil to serve.
BATTERIE DE CUISINE:
- Cooking pot
- Wooden spoon
- Chopping board
- Serving vessel
- Pepper mill
- Tea towel
Follow us on instagram
Please enter a User ID on the Instagram Feed plugin Settings page
Please enter an Access Token on the Instagram Feed plugin Settings page