- 20 Jersey royal potatoes
- Plenty of milk
- Generous splash of water
- Plenty of butter
- Handful of diced pancetta or 2 rinds
- 1 fillet of peppered smoked mackerel
- 1 garlic clove
- Sea salt to taste
- Chives, to serve
- Glug of olive oil, to serve
- Milled black pepper, to serve
MISE EN PLACE
- Peel potatoes, rinse in cold water and cut into even sized chunks
- Take 1-2 scrubbed Jersey royals and mandolin or cut them ultra fine, brush with melted butter
- Peel 1 garlic cloves
- Pour milk and some water into saucepan
- Cut half a pat of butter into cubes
- Crisp up pancetta in a hot pan with oil
- Cut chives into 1cm batons
- Flake the mackerel
- Preheat the oven to 120 degrees and brush the
- Season the milk and water with sea salt and add a few cubes of butter.
- Cook the peeled and chopped potatoes in the liquid until soft.
- Liquidise until smooth and add butter and more liquid for a creamy and glossy consistency.
- Push the liquid through a sieve.
- Take the raw Jersey crisps and place on greaseproof paper in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Place the flaked mackerel in the centre of the bowl and build up.
- Add a few ladles of soup to the bowl.
- Garnish with pancetta, baked Jersey chips and chive batons.
- Finish with milled back pepper and a glug of olive oil.
BATTERIE DE CUISINE
- Cooking pot
- Wooden spoon
- Potato ricer or masher
- Chopping board
- Serving vessel
- Pepper mill
- Tea towel
Follow us on instagram
Please enter a User ID on the Instagram Feed plugin Settings page
Please enter an Access Token on the Instagram Feed plugin Settings page