We don’t want any trouble from you.
February was a bit iffy, so come in, sit down and don’t touch anything.
We’re welcoming in the new season with some seasonal luxury. As far as we’re concerned, Jersey Royals are synonymous with Spring. So Spring has sprung.
Simplicity is key here (whilst being utterly delicious at the same time of course). Our ‘best of British’ caviar supplier is the one and only ‘Exmoor Caviar‘. Made in England using Cornish Sea Salt which supports and celebrates the natural flavours and richness of the roe, it has a wonderfully unique mineral flavour – rich and creamy with a nutty finish.
This is an impressive side dish that could go perfectly on it’s own, or with fish.
Try bream or turbot for extra fancy pants points.
- 1kg (2lb 4oz) Jersey Royal new potatoes, washed
- 200g Lescure butter
- 100g (3½oz) caviar (try lumpfish caviar, about £4 from supermarkets if you can’t get Exmoor)
- Zest of 1 lemon, grated
- Cracked black pepper
- Put a pan of salted water on the hob and bring to the boil.
- Gently drop in the potatoes, turn down the heat to medium and simmer for around 15 minutes until the potatoes are just cooked.
- Drain in a colander, then set aside in a bowl for 10 minutes to cool.
- When the potatoes are just warm mix in the butter, lemon zest and cracked black pepper.
- Stir until all the potatoes are well coated with the other ingredients.
- Serve with dollops of caviar, as you do.