Cauliflower Cheese Soup:
- Whole cauliflower
- 2 garlic cloves
- Half a pint of milk
- Too much butter
- Generous handful of parmesan
- Generous handful of cheddar
- Dash of Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 1-2 tsps Coleman’s English mustard
- Splash of double cream
- Generous pinch of sea salt
- Glug of olive oil
- Generous handful of bread shards / crumbs
- Handful of grated raw cauliflower
- Half a lemon zest
- Garlic clove
- 2 soft boiled eggs
- Child’s handful of shredded parsley
- Sea salt to taste
- Milled black pepper to taste
MISE EN PLACE
- Chop cauliflower into small florets
- Peel garlic cloves and keep whole
- Boil eggs for 7 minutes and plunge into cold water. Chop into small bits (not finely).
- Tear bread into shards / make crumbs
- Finely slice 1 garlic clove
- Finely shred parsley
- Zest half a lemon
- Cut half a pat of butter into cubes
- Finely grate the parmesan and cheddar
- Measure the milk and pour into saucepan
- Ready the double cream, Lea & Perrins and mustard
- Plug in liquidiser
- Chop cauliflower into small florets and add to the saucepan of milk (add a splash of water), along with a few cubes of butter and the garlic cloves.
- Season with sea salt and simmer on a medium heat until soft.
- Drain the liquid and reserve.
- Add the cauliflower and garlic to the liquidiser along with some of the liquid and more butter. Blitz on high until blended.
- Add the generous handfuls of parmesan and cheddar, then a dash of Lea & Perrins and teaspoon of mustard to taste – adding more butter and liquid as needed.
- Blitz on high until you get a silky consistency, adding a cube of butter to achieve final glossiness.
For the Polonaise:
- Add a generous handful of bread shards / crumbs to a pan of butter and fry until golden.
- Cool whilst adding the grated cauliflower.
- Add finely grated lemon zest and thinly sliced garlic.
- Add chopped egg and shredded parsley.
- Grind black pepper and sea salt to taste.
Pour the soup from the liquidiser into a pan and heat, stirring with a whisk for ultimate glossiness. Add more mustard and cheese to taste. Sprinkle Polonaise crumbs all over and a glug of olive oil.
BATTERIE DE CUISINE
- Cooking pot
- Wooden spoon
- Box grater
- Chopping board
- Serving vessel
- Pepper mill
- Tea towel
- Piedmontese roasted peppers, basil, new season garlic, capers, anchovies, baby rocket, burrata di bufalaPantryfile Recipes Sexy Soup Kitchen
- Vichyssoise, leek, potatoes, parsley, sourdough garlic & crisp guanciale baconPantryfile Recipes Sexy Soup Kitchen