Summer’s undoubtedly the best time for entertaining family and friends. The lazy sunny days, warm balmy evenings and the abundance of fresh ingredients – perfect for coming together and sharing food.
Choosing a summertime menu to impress your guests may be an enjoyable or daunting task, depending on your culinary prowess. But in either case, don’t forget the most essential of requirements: the cake.
Every celebration, whether it’s a birthday, Christening or wedding, calls for cake – and there’s no reason why any gathering of family and friends shouldn’t include one too.
And If there’s one version that’s always a winner with young and old alike, it’s this one: triple chocolate cake. Because frankly, what’s not to love there?
Strictly speaking, this is more of your after-dinner dessert than an afternoon tea-and-cake affair. But frankly, no-one’s going to complain whenever this appears.
Triple chocolate cake
|best quality dark chocolate||100g|
- For the white chocolate mousse, soak 1 gelatine leaf in cold water for at least 15 min. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a bowl
- Heat up 50g of the double cream, add the drained gelatine and stir until it has dissolved completely. With the hot cream realise a ganache with the chocolate.
- Whip up 150g double cream until soft peak and slowly incorporate the luke warm ganache.
- Spread the mousse in a loose bottomed cake tin and leave to set in the fridge.
- Prepare the dark chocolate mousse using the same method and spread on top of the set white chocolate mousse layer.
- Freeze the cake at this point
- Realise à ganache with the milk cream, gelatine and milk chocolate.
- Take the frozen mousse out of the freezer and remove from tin, turning so the white chocolate mousse is now the top
- Spread out a layer of milk ganache to glace the mousse cake
- Cut, as soon as the ganache is set.
Follow us on instagram
Please enter a User ID on the Instagram Feed plugin Settings page
Please enter an Access Token on the Instagram Feed plugin Settings page