- Cook your Christmas Roast Dinner with family and friends.
- Overeat and drink very good red wine.
- Wake up on boxing day, dehydrated and a bit fat; lie on sofa and watch Mary Poppins.
- Find some energy and take out your leftovers from fridge.
- Chop the leftover roast ingredients below, mix with the gravy and bread sauce for a pasty style filling.
- Buy or make puff pastry.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to about 5mm thick and cut out circles to your desired size.
- Divide the filling between the pastry, leaving space around the edge and top each with a dollop of butter.
- Brush the edge with egg wash, then pinch the edges together to seal. Crimp as desired, and cut a small hole in the top of each.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6 and brush the turnovers with egg wash. Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown, then turn the heat down to 160C/gas mark 3 and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Devour the turnovers on sofa. Or equally, rouse the rabble for a Boxing Day walk (turnovers in hand).
- Roast turkey
- Roast potatoes
- Buttered carrots
- Brussel sprouts
- Giblet gravy
- Bread Sauce
- Puff pastry
- 1 beaten egg (for wash)
Follow us on instagram
Please enter a User ID on the Instagram Feed plugin Settings page
Please enter an Access Token on the Instagram Feed plugin Settings page