We’re making the most of the asparagus season, ’cause why wouldn’t you. If you love the delicious green veg as much as we do, (& anything ‘cheese’), then you will love this recipe! Easy, seasonal & delicious.
80-100gms Reggiano Parmesan
1x grated clove of garlic
500gms crème fraîche
Sea salt or Kosher salt
4x egg yolks (Clarence Court are our faves!)
2x bunches of English asparagus
1. Add all ingredients to a bowl
2. Whisk over a pan of moderately heated water
3. The mixture will start to become gooey, glossy & thicker
4. Prepare the asparagus, snap off the woody ends & slightly peel, 3 inches from the top
5. Blanch in boiling, very salted water for 2 – 2.5 mins, then drain and transfer to iced water
6. Season asparagus in olive oil, milled pepper & sea salt
7. Nappé the fonduta over the warm asparagus & devour!