Porcini & Potato Soup:
- 3 large spuds
- Child’s handful of dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves
- Far too much butter
- Plenty of milk (enough to cover potatoes)
- Dash of olive oil
- Generous pinch of sea salt
- Generous handful of bread shards / croutons
- 1 garlic clove
- Enough butter to fry golden
- Small pinch of sea salt to season
MISE EN PLACE
- Peel potatoes, rinse in cold water and cut into even sized chunks
- Peel 2 garlic cloves
- Blitz mushrooms to a fine powder
- Pour milk into saucepan
- Cut half a pat of butter into cubes
- Tear bread into shards / make croutons
- Finely slice a garlic clove
- Season the milk with sea salt and add a few cubes of butter.
- Pour in most of the porcini powder and stir until absorbed.
- Cook the peeled and chopped potatoes in the liquid until soft.
- Pour half of the potatoes and liquid into the liquidiser, blend briefly until smooth.
- Push the rest of the mixture through a potato ricer or mash.
- Add butter and more milk to both mixtures at any stage for a creamy consistency.
For the Garlic Sippets:
- Fry the bread shards in butter until golden.
- Add the finely sliced garlic at the end and turn off the heat.
- Stir well to stop burning and season to taste.
Pour both potato mixtures back into a saucepan to heat through and fold together for texture. Serve in bowls with a dash of olive oil and sprinkle garlic sippets all over. Finish with milled black pepper and a small pinch of porcini powder.
BATTERIE DE CUISINE
- Cooking pot
- Wooden spoon
- Potato ricer or masher
- Chopping board
- Serving vessel
- Pepper mill
- Tea towel
- Aubergine Caponata, San Marzano tomatoes, smoked ricotta & caprotta, Nocerella olives, capers, pine nuts & gremolataPantryfile Recipes Sexy Soup Kitchen
- Salad Primavera, crisp charcuterie, new season asparagus, romaine hearts, rocket, Burford browns, parmesan crisps, anchovy salad creamPantryfile Recipes Sexy Soup Kitchen
Follow us on instagram
Please enter a User ID on the Instagram Feed plugin Settings page
Please enter an Access Token on the Instagram Feed plugin Settings page